Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
|Reports To:||Board of Directors|
|Date:||March 3 - March 31, 2020|
WHO WE ARE
Farm Credit Southeast Missouri is the premier agricultural lender in southeast Missouri, supporting agricultural producers, farmers and ranchers. Farm Credit Southeast Missouri helps the entire agricultural community including production agriculture, processors and suppliers as well as the rural economies throughout the state. The vision of Farm Credit Southeast Missouri is to be the recognized leading provider of loans, insurance, and other financial services to the production agriculture community, agri-business industry and rural homeowners in the trade area we serve.
As a cooperative, our 48 staff serve 1,700 customers in 12 Southeast Missouri counties with additional participated volume in many other states. With 99% customer satisfaction, 99% credit quality, strong earnings and 20% capital, Farm Credit Southeast Missouri is a thriving institution with over $700 million in assets. Farm Credit Southeast Missouri is a part of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of borrower-owned lending institutions and specialized service organizations. The Farm Credit System provides loans, leases, and related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, aquatic producers, timber harvesters, agribusinesses, and agricultural and rural utility cooperatives and has more than $320 billion in assets.
Due to the upcoming retirement of our current CEO after 42 years of serving our members, the board of Farm Credit Southeast Missouri is currently seeking the CEO to lead this vibrant organization into the future.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for the overall operation of the association with the objective of providing value-added financial services to member/owners on a profitable, competitive and financially sound basis. She / he will also represent the association to the general public, financial community, and association membership. The CEO will develop supervisory controls and present reports to the association board and provide executive leadership and direction to the operating units consistent with safe and sound business practices; local board policies; compliant with the financing agreement with the funding bank (AgriBank); FCA regulations; and federal, state and local laws. The CEO collaboratively sets the vision with the board and leads the organization staff.
- Provide strategic leadership to the organization through the planning of finance, accounting, technology, human resources, operations and marketplace engagement strategies and actions
- With the board, collaboratively establish business direction that supports association strategy, operating and budget plans, strategies and action plans to lead Farm Credit Southeast Missouri into the future.
- Direct the development and implementation of necessary local operating policies, procedures and programs and management systems, controls and standards to effectively carry out the association's objectives.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the association's marketing and business development, customer service, lending, financial and accounting and internal control operations.
- Lead the development and implementation of programs, policies and services which support the accomplishment of strategic plans
- Continue to build on the strong cultural foundation and actively manage the association’s culture, mission and vision
- Engage in communication and ensure that organization values and objectives are effectively communicated to all stakeholders (all levels of employees, customers, the board, Farm Credit Administration, funding bank and communities, etc.)
- Facilitate management development and succession, proactively making necessary adjustments to maintain effective and efficient operation.
- Determine the overall organizational structure, credit delivery systems and staffing, ensuring the association hires, develops and motivates a highly competent and professional staff.
- With full direct lender authorities and accountabilities, proactively manage the association's controls and financial and operating results (i.e., capital requirements, asset quality requirements, management and staff effectiveness, earnings requirements and liquidity requirements).
- Ensure the adequacy and soundness of the association's financial structure, including risk management, competitiveness of its products and services and responsiveness to its customers' needs.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory statutes, including, but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, security and acceptable use policies as documented in the Information Systems Security Policy and the Information Systems – Rules of Conduct, etc.
- Protect association Information Systems and the Information Assets contained in those systems including customer information and association financial information from unauthorized access.
- Assure the protection of association’s physical assets including buildings, documents, and equipment from unauthorized access or harm.
- Other duties as required.
- 10+ years of successful experience in senior leadership, preferably in a financial institution of similar asset size and complexity.
- Strong commitment and adherence to personal values that align with the Farm Credit Southeast Missouri culture and code of ethics.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in ag-lending, policy, scope and eligibility requirements.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Expert financial skill, understanding income statements, balance sheets, and other financial reports
- Superior leadership, team building and talent development skills.
- Strong analysis, judgment and strategic thinking.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics or related field. Advanced education preferred or certificate from a graduate School of Banking preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the laws and regulations governing financial institutions.
NOTE ON THE SELECTION PROCESS
The Board of Directors for Farm Credit Southeast Missouri will be working with FCC Services to manage the selection process. Leading the process is Jay Lux, Vice President of Organizational Development at FCC Services.
FINAL DATE FOR APPLICATION: March 31, 2020
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Jay Lux, FCC Services, at 651.982.4568 or email@example.com