Have Hail Damage And Need To File A Claim? What To Do Next.

If you purchased crop hail insurance through Progressive FCS and need to file a hail claim due a recent round of severe thunderstorms, be sure to contact your Risk Management Agent within 72 hours of the hail damage. Please be prepared to give an estimate of the time of the storm and the number of acres affected. Once filed, an adjuster will contact you within 10 days.

As a reminder, for those who have not insured their crops and are interested in purchasing insurance through Progressive FCS, crop hail insurance can be purchased at any time during the year. In addition to protecting against hail damage, it will also provide protection from losses due to fire (whether in the field or in the grain bin), vandalism, or during transit to your first place of storage within a 100 mile radius. Even if you have a Multi-Peril policy, it is still beneficial to have a crop hail policy since coverage is based on a percent of damage and not on production loss. For questions regarding protecting your crops, please contact one of our Risk Management Agents at the branch closest to you:

Click Here For Office Locations

Help stop the spread of COVID. When entering our offices, a face mask is required.

Third-Party Link Disclaimer

Links to third-party web sites are provided for convenience only. Farm Credit Southeast Missouri does not endorse nor support the content of third-party links. Farm Credit Southeast Missouri is not responsible for the content of a third-party website. By clicking on a third-party link, you will leave the Farm Credit Southeast Missouri website. Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by Farm Credit Southeast Missouri.

Please click here if you wish to proceed   Cancel